Sunday, May 4, 2008

Icons for the journey

As I pack up my cabin, I see things anew: I had photos of Molly Brown and Elizabeth held by magnets to the cabin side of my bathroom door, where I can see them easily from my bed.
And over these, a birthday card in the shape of a dragonfly, and opened to the inscription, sent to me by my sister Mary four years ago, three months before she died, inscribed this way, "Life is one long colorful trip! Love, Mary."

Then I have done well to treat it as such these past four months! I do really believe Mary would cheer for me; and I hope she really does. As for Molly, we are inextricably together. As for Elizabeth, I will see her in a few days!

P.S. As for my Parrot, who has yet to tell me her name, I have some photos of her which will soon be posted to the blog.

No comments: